Sunday 15 March 2009

F.... is for fear, fun, fotos, fiber, and finally.

Well, Beverooni has struck fear into my heart over taking a blog break (plus reassured me that somebody actually reads this thing), so I suppose I'd better keep going! F is also for fun, so I thought maybe I'd talk about the envelope swap. I started the envelope swap (on ravelry) over a five day weekend, and at the moment we have over 200 member. I recently received my envelope from the first round from pookieandrom. It looked like this when I opened it....


Some stickers, more stickers, an awesome pattern, a little bag of buttons and a postcard! What an awesome envelope! I'm very pleased.

I've also been dying some yarn. This is a fairly lousy photo of the sock yarn I dyed.


And then, of course, I've been knitting. Mittens!

The pattern is gifted mittens, but I think there may be a bit of an errata in the woman's size. A couple of times the stitch numbers didn't match up. At the end, I had to overlap about two inches on either side for seaming to make them fit me...


That could be my fault though, seeing as my gauge was about half an inch off. :D

I have also been collecting Paton's Pooch to make a blanket for me. Because I cleverly decided to start AFTER it had been discontinued, I've been mostly getting it from Karma Yarn Swap, and from RAKs. This is my current collection:


I just LOVE the purple. The red was a Christmas present from my sister, I swapped for one ball of the blue/brown, the blue/white, and the blue/pink, but the purple and one ball of the blue/brown were RAKs from Stillhisangel. Thanks so much! I now have 7 cakes... I'm getting there. :D

1 comment:

Loraine said...

Love it! I am on Ravelry too and I have joined the envelope swap. Have fun knitting!