Monday 4 May 2009

Projects & knitting

Yesterday, Sunday, was awesome. When my Mom asked what I planned to do all day my answer was, simply, "knit". And knit I did. I made a bird for my swappee in the envelope swap. I made a turtle for my friend. I swatched for the honeymoon cami, which is my next project. And I developed a project organization system. It is awesome, in my opinion. Here's how it works:

I'm trying to have no more than three projects going at once. (Not including those in hibernation). Right now I have my Dad's monk, a pair of socks, and a dishcloth. These three projects reside in their own seperate project bags on a shelf of my bookshelf. I'm trying to keep one with me at all times. The project bags contain everything I need for that project.

Two shelves down, the shelf is filled with ziplock bags. These contain a pattern, and the yarn I want to make it with, arranged in order of importance. This allows me to pick out needles, yarn, print the pattern, maybe knit a row or two - in short, my favorite part about my projects - and then put it in a gallon sized ziplock and leave it until another project is finished. When another one is finished, all I have to do is dump the contents of the ziplock into a project bag. My next two projects are going to be a hat for my sister, and the honeymoon cami for me. Then a bag, then some more socks, then some mittens. Works great! :) See ya later!
Annie

No comments: